For all the latest news and views from across the angel and early-stage investment sector, plus info and discounts for our industry leading events.
Millionaire Makers - whether angels or venture capitalists have many more characteristics in common than they might like to think.
Here are the 10 most important.
1. Staying focused on what they understand
2. Investing rationally (though it may appear irrational to 3rd parties)
3. Investing with a buddy (two heads are better than one)
4. Networking towards good dealflow, not waiting for it to turn up
5. Following their trusted crowd not any old crowd
6. Holding back £5-6 for every £1 invested not just £2-3
7. Keeping on top of the weighted cost of capital of their investment so they can calculate potential returns as each round takes place.
8. Investing in deals where they can see the exit before they invest
9. Spreading risk across the markets they understand but also where top dollar returns are to be found
10. Making sure they join the slipstream of an entrepreneur who is going to use their money to get very, very rich themselves
Let me know if you think there are any others.
We want your news! please send press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org.